Carrot cake is always a favorite among most people. Some like more or less of its cream cheese frosting but other than that this is a sure winner. It seems that every family has their style to this so I would suggest you get your creative side out and make your version. My version contains several layers of frosting and walnuts.
Servings: 20 pieces
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 50 minutes
It should cool for 2 hours.
Total time: 1 hour+
475 grams of all-purpose flour
600 grams of refined sugar
400 ml. soya oil/canola oil
2.5 tablespoons baking powder
2.5 tablespoons baking soda
1.5 tablespoon ground cinnamon
200 grams of crushed walnuts
750 grams of shredded carrots
Last two ingredients don’t need to be accurate.
Cream Cheese Frosting
500 grams of butter
(room tempered will save you time)
800 grams of cream cheese
1000 grams of powdered sugar
Two teaspoons vanilla
– Add powdered sugar, vanilla, room tempered butter, and cream cheese to a mixer bowl.
– Mix until it has a smooth texture.
(The time it takes to mix may be longer than you think.)
- Start by crushing walnuts and shredding carrots with a food processor. (by hand it’s a lot of work)
- Mix sugar and oil, followed by adding the eggs one at a time while mixer is going
- Add in cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Use a tablespoon and add flour to the mix, while mixer is going.
- Finish by adding shredded carrots and crushed walnuts.
- Pour batter into a long pan, or two round cake pan. I use an adjustable form without a bottom.
- If it looks like you have too much batter, use leftovers in a few cupcakes forms.
- Bake in the oven. Fifty minutes for long panned cake, 25-35 minutes for cupcake size.
- When the cake is finished baking let it cool for two hours. Make cream cheese frosting fresh for when you’re going to use it for the cake
- Remove the cake from the pan/form and cut it into two layers
- Add it to a plate and start filling the layers with cream cheese frosting.
- Finish with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting on top of the cake. I’ve spilled the sponge in two half’s to get a four-layered cake.
- Finish with a few strawberries on top and some powdered sugar.
Summary This cake both look and taste amazing. Some say there could be a slight cream cheese frosting overdose but I just love it. Decorated with fresh strawberries and a few sprinkles of powdered sugar gives the carrot cake a wow factor that will make a sale every time.