ChefNorway’s Carrot Cake
In baking, carrot is one of the best natural ingredients to make your bakes super moist and delicious. Carrot cake is no different, and I’m going to show you how to make one of the best carrot cakes you have ever tried. I’ve served this to many friends and colleagues the last weeks and they all make sure to get every last bit off their plate. Guarding it as it was their “precious”! I’ve yet to get any comments on whether it’s good or not, but listening to them while eating and attention to their plate gives me the info I need to put this in the dangerously good category.
I love to decorate this with fresh berries. Strawberries or Raspberries goes well with the cream cheese frosting, and would definitely make this cake look absolutely amazing. Always use real natural colors with cakes. That will make them “pop” and the smell of berries actually add to the taste of this cake.
I do not take any responsibility for any weight gain during the first weeks of trying out this recipe.
|475g white flour|
|4 dl. canola oil (soya oil)|
|20g (2.5 tsp.) baking soda|
|20g (2.5 tsp.) baking powder|
|15g (1.5 tbsp.) cinnamon|
|1 kg carrots (750g shredded)*|
|500g butter (room tempered)|
|800g cream cheese|
|1 kg powdered sugar|
|2 tsp. vanilla|
- Start by crushing walnuts and shredding carrots with a food processor. (by hand it’s a lot of work)
- Mix sugar and oil, followed by adding the eggs one at a time while mixer is going
- Add in cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- Use a table spoon and add flour to the mix, while mixer is going.
- Finish by adding shredded carrots and crushed walnuts.
- Pour batter into a long pan, or two round cake pan. I use an adjustable form without a bottom.
- If it looks like you have too much batter, pour some in a few cupcakes forms.
- Bake in the oven. 50 minutes for long pan cake, 25-35 minutes for cupcake size.
- When the cake is done baking let it cool for two hours. Make cream cheese frosting fresh for when you’re going to use it for the cake.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, room tempered butter and cream cheese to a mixer bowl.
- Mix until it has a smooth texture.
- Remove the cake from the pan/form
- Slice it into two layers
- Add it to a plate and start filling the layers with cream cheese frosting. I like to use a pastry bag, to get a thick layer with cream cheese frosting.
- Finish with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting on top of the cake. I’ve spilt the sponge in two half’s to get a 4 layered cake.
- You could also split the sponge into 12 small squares, and make a bunch of small cakes.
Finish with a few strawberries on top and some powdered sugar.
Summary This cake both look and taste amazing. Some say there could be a slight cream cheese frosting overdose but I just love it. Decorated with fresh strawberries and a few sprinkles of powdered sugar gives the carrot cake a wow factor that will make a sale every time.