Homemade Carrot Bread Rolls
- 4 dl. whole wheat flour
- 3 dl. white flour
- 2.5 dl. hot water
- 50g yeast
- 2 carrots
- 2 tsp. salt
For the US measurements click the button down below
- Pre-measure all the ingredients.
- Add whole-wheat flour, white flour, salt and shredded carrots into a mixer bowl.
- Add yeast.
- Take hot water from your kitchen tap. The water temperature should be between 37-65oC (98-150oF).
- Start the mixer on very low speed for about 2 minutes
- Turn the mixer to high speed and let it run for about 12 minutes.
- Take the dough out to the kitchen counter and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Split the dough into 8-9 equal parts. (should be 85g/3 oz. each)
- Roll them to round balls, and place on a baking sheet
- Brush them with hot water and roll them in a grain mixture
- Let the rolls rise for 25 minutes
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
Summary Traditional Norwegian lunch would usually contain some kind of bread with cheese, eggs or some sugar filled paste. These rolls is in the high end of that scale and would be best with fresh boiled eggs, tomatoes and cucumber.