Chefnorway’s Mexican Pizza
Red = Spice mixture for the ground beef.
- 8 dl. white flour
- 2dl. hot water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 tbsp. soya oil
- 50g yeast
- 400g ground beef
- 1 dl. heavy cream
- 400g shredded cheese
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. pepper-mix
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. salt
Red = Spice mixture for the ground beef
For the US measurements click the button down below
- Add flour, salt, soya oil, and yeast in a mixer bowl.
- Then add hot water. (add ¼ cup extra if the dough texture looks dry after mixing for 2 minutes)
- Start mixing at low speed for one minute, and turn up the speed for 3 minutes.
- The dough is finished, so let it rest until you are done with the meat mixture.
- Add spices (marked red) to a small mixing bowl, mix everything with a spoon.
- Begin with the ground beef by breaking it up into small pieces in a frying pan.
- Make sure everything is turned brown before adding spices.
- Add spices and stir.
- Add heavy cream, and let it simmer for 5 minutes at low heat.
- Most of the liquid should be gone when it’s done.
- Flatten the dough to a size that fits your pan. Round or a square doesn’t matter.
- Add to a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Add meat and top with cheese.
- Bake for 13 minutes in the oven.
- Finish by topping it with canned pineapple, or tropical fruits.
Summary A simple but good pizza for a lazy Friday night. The flavor you know from tacos, topped with lots of cheese and pineapple. May I suggest some spicy peppers if you like that heat!