ChefNorway’s Norwegian Lemon Mousse
- 3 dl. heavy cream
- 0,5 dl. sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 125g sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 5 gelatin plates
- 0,5 dl. hot water
- 2 egg whites
For the US measurements click the button down below
- Start by adding heavy cream to a mixer bowl
- Add 50 g sugar to the heavy cream
- Start the mixer but pay attention. You want to stop when it’s got a smooth texture
- Leave in fridge until we use it later
- Separate egg yolks from whites
- Measure up sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice, egg yolks, and lemon zest and mix it.
- Soak gelatin plates in cold water for 5 minutes. Remember to squeeze water out of them after.
- Bring 0.5 dl. Water to a boil. Turn off heat and add in gelatin plates. Mix gelatin with the water.
- Add this to the egg and sugar mixture.
- Add the smooth whipped cream, and egg whites.
- Finish by mixing everything for 1 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with plastic. Cool in fridge.
- I like to add mixture to dessert glasses before cooling it. Making it ready to serve.
Before serving you could add lemon zest as top decoration, and with a slice of lemon on edge.
Summary Lemon Mousse is always a favorite. It's a smooth sour sweet dessert. It's quite a bite and will fill you up, so watch your portioning. If you want it to last longer I suggest eating it with a "salt spoon".