Christmas Candy Crush
- 60g gelatin powder
- 1 kg sugar
- 6 dl. water
- 50 ml. pineapple essence
- 1 tsp. citric acid
- Food coloring
For the US measurements click the button down below
- First mix sugar and 3 dl water and heat up. (Use a casserole pot that could hold 5 liters.)
- When it’s hot, mix gelatin and 3 dl water in a separate container.
- Directly add this mixture to the sugar-water and bring everything to a boil. Remember to stir frequently so nothing burns.
- When it’s boiling take it away from the heat, and keep stirring until it stops bubbling.
- Add pineapple essence and citric acid.
- Add your preferred food coloring.
- Stir for one more minute, and pour into a large baking pan lined with a baking sheet.
- Cool for 24 hours in a fridge.
- Lift it out of the baking pan
- Add sugar on top of the candy.
- Try to separate the edges from the baking sheet.
- Flip it onto another baking sheet
- Separate the bottom baking sheet from the candy.
- Add sugar to the bottom.
- Now you can start cutting it into long strips that will be cut again into squares. Remember to dip every side of a square in sugar before storing it away. (Unless you want everything to be glued together every time you want one!)
Summary Sweet candy, that is often used in Delphia Cake is almost only sugar. A must have for someone during Christmas times in Norway. A few everyday is always a treat in my opinion.