Christmas Rice Cream with Raspberries
Black = Rice Porridge Red = Rice Cream
- 1 cup short rice (basmati)
- 4 dl. water
- 1-liter milk
- Rice Porridge
- 7 dl. heavy cream
- 4 dl. sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 200g raspberries
For the US measurements click the button down below
- Start by boiling rice and water for about 10 minutes.
- Then add milk and bring that to boil.
- Add a lid and leave it in the oven for 60 minutes.
- Then leave it in the fridge for about 3 hours to cool down.
- In a mixture whip sugar and heavy cream
- Add vanilla, and mix really quickly. (I also use some real vanilla bean in it)
- Mix with the rice porridge.
- Leave it in the fridge until you want to serve.
Heat up raspberries with a cup of sugar. Serve warm or cold with the Rice Cream.
Summary Sweet rice porridge mixed with whipped vanilla cream. Amazingly good tradition from Norway. Add a white almond and have the family eat until they find it. Winner always get a price!