Ginger nuts is one of the favorites around Christmas. Some fill a jars with them and give them as Christmas presents.
They are super easy to make, and it goes quite quickly to make a hundred cookies. Maybe fill the cookie jar at your workplace with these cookies for a change!
- Add sugar and butter to a mixer bowl
- Mix it at full speed for at least 5 minutes
- Add in all the spices, heavy cream, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add in the white flour as last ingredient and start the mixer on low speed.
- When you have a good consistent dough you can stop the mixer and take the dough out of the bowl.
- Split dough into 4 large pieces.
- Start with rolling one piece of dough into a long tick line. And spilt this into inch thick pieces.
- Roll these small pieces into round balls
- Now place them on a baking sheet with baking paper under.
- Finish with pressing them down with two fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- They’ll burn at the bottom first so don’t let them bake for longer than suggested time.
Summary Spiced Xmas cookies is a great addition to your Christmas bakes. This goes perfect in a workmates cookie jar, and will stay good all through December.