Ginger nuts are one of the favorites around Christmas. Some fill jars with them and give them as Christmas presents.
They are super easy to make, and it goes quite quickly to make a hundred cookies. Maybe fill the cookie jar at your workplace with these cookies for a change!
- 250g butter
- 250g sugar
- 1 dl. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 500g white flour
For the US measurements click the button down below
- Add sugar and butter to a mixer bowl
- Mix it at full speed for at least 5 minutes
- Add all the spices, heavy cream, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the white flour as the last ingredient and start the mixer on low speed.
- When you have a good consistent dough, you can stop the mixer and take the dough out of the bowl.
- Split dough into four large pieces.
- Start with rolling one piece of dough into a long tick line. Split this into an inch thick pieces.
- Roll these small pieces into round balls
- Now place them on a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Finish with pressing them down with two fingers.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- They’ll burn at the bottom first so don’t let them bake for longer than the suggested time.
Summary Spiced Xmas cookies is a great addition to your Christmas bakes. This goes perfect in a workmates cookie jar, and will stay good all through December.