Mom’s Spice Cake
- 600g sugar
- 800g white flour
- 4 tsp. baking soda
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. clover spice
- 2 tsp. ginger spice
- 1-liter thick culture milk
- 100g raisins
- 1 tsp. vanilla
For the US measurements click the button down below
- Start by adding sugar, white flour, and spices to a mixer bowl.
- Add raisins and the milk
- Mix at medium speed
- I like to add a teaspoon of vanilla to the mixture.
- Pour the batter into a large cake form.
- Drag batter up along the edges of the cake form to get the cake a more flat shape when baked.
- Put it into the oven and bake it.
- Cut cake out of the form and let it rest for 30 minutes before you serve it, while it’s still a little warm.
- The cake will stay good for weeks if you keep it covered in plastic.
Summary Mom's spice cake is packed with sugar and spices. It'll stay moist and delicious for days. Freeze it and serve whenever you have unexpected guests and your guests would be grateful. Not much can go wrong making this. Decorations... a sprinkle of powdered sugar is all it needs.