Cover your steaks with cheese? What could go wrong there? It’s a delicious and easy dish for you to recreate and make for someone you appreciate a little more. The entire dish comes well together with the juicy steaks, rich cheese, spicy potatoes, and pepper sauce. I add my raspberry onions for a little sweet to accomplish the rest of the flavors. Together they all blend just incredible. I love using tenderloin here, but honestly, you could use sirloin or a less tender steak if that is what you have.
Measurements and Ingredients
150-200 gram pieces of tenderloin steak. (per person)
One slice of fresh mozzarella cheese
150 grams of butter
One purple carrot
(see receipes below)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 25-40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1,5-2 hours
Take steaks out of the cool storage and let them air and become room tempered.
Season the steaks with ground pepper and salt
Make raspberry onions, set to simmer while you make the rest.
Start by making Spicy Potatoes. Turn your baking oven to 225oC first.
Add a tablespoon of olive oil and 100 grams of butter to a frying pan. Heat to a maximum.
Add steaks into the pan, Depending on how rare you want them; they should cook for 30 seconds to 2 minutes on each side. Use a tablespoon to add the melted butter over the steaks while they sear. This way you shouldn’t have to sear the sides of the steak, but check to make sure the entire steak is seared.
Take potatoes out of the oven, add steaks on top of the potatoes. Also, add a slice of mozzarella on each steak, and you could decorate with a shredded purple carrot.
Add the baking casserole back into the oven. Steaks should only be baking for 10 minutes. Rest them until serving.
Make pepper sauce, and plate everything up.
I keep the jar of raspberry onions on the serving table. My guests always want more.
Two red onions
400 grams of Raspberries
A mixture of 100 ml. vinegar, 200 ml. sugar, 300 ml. water
– Add ”mixture” to a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil, Stir the sugar into the mixture.
– Slice onion in thin half-onion strips
– Add raspberries to the mixture
– Add onions and let it simmer in the mixture for at least a half hour.
Pour onto a fitted container or jam jar. Cool in fridge and use whenever you need or serve fresh with your meal.
Two shallots onions or half of a yellow onion.
one tbsp. olive oil and 25 grams of butter.
Four teaspoons pepper (crushed whole pepper)
25 ml. brandy/cognac
500 ml. beef stock
300 ml. cream
A couple of cherry tomatoes
– Finely chop onions, and add into the same pan you cooked steaks in. Please don’t clean the frying pan after cooking steaks. Just pour out fat.
-Add onions together with olive oil and butter at medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes.
– Add pepper and brandy.
– Add beef stock and cook for 10 minutes.
– Add cream and cherry tomatoes
– Strain before serving if you want it smooth in texture.
Adjust recipe as its measures to one serving
250 grams of small potatoes
One tbsp. paprika, half tsp. pepper, one tsp. oregano, a quarter tsp. cayenne pepper. Add fresh parsley as well if you have handy.
– Slice potatoes in 4 ”boats.”
– Add potatoes to hot the pan with two tablespoons of olive oil.
– Sear potatoes for 3 minutes while you add the spice mixture onto the potatoes.
– Before you add potatoes to the baking pan add another two tablespoons of olive oil.
Download Digital Recipe