ChefNorway’s Steak with Mushrooms
This amazing dish is to die for. It contains some of my favorite ingredients, and it contains filet mignon steak. How could that be wrong? If this doesn’t trigger your temptations, I don’t know what does!
Remember you also need my recipe on ChefNorway’s Spicy potatoes to go along with this dish!
ChefNorway's Steak with MushroomsEuropean measurements
- 2x 1-2″ thick portioned filet mignon
- 1 portobello or aroma champignon
- ChefNorway’s Spicy potatoes
- 2 oyster mushrooms
- 2 dl. whipped cream
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Turn on the oven
- Make ChefNorway’s Spicy Potatoes, and put them into the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Chop mushrooms (Aroma, Portobello and Oyster)
- Finely chop half of a red onion
- Fry mushrooms and onions for a few minutes at medium high heat.
- Whip some heavy cream without any sugar
- Add the mushroom and onion mixture to a bowl of whipped cream
- Make sure to sear the edges on the steak for a few seconds.
- Leave the steaks to rest on the counter. When the potatoes have been in the oven for 30 minutes take them out. (Leave the oven on we’re not done using it yet)
- Add the steaks on top of the potatoes, and add a couple of scoops of the whipped cream mixture on top of the steaks. Finish with a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese on top of that.
- Now put everything back into the oven for another 5 minutes. Just so the cheese melts and gives this dish an amazing look.
- I use the juices from the pan as “sauce” but sometimes I make a pepper sauce to go with it.
- You can also add some fresh chopped chili, or asparagus to add some color to the plate.
You probably need a little luck to get it right the first time. I made it twice!
I never pass up a good piece of steak. this one is a fall version. Go out in forest and pick local mushrooms. Check guides so you don’t get poisoned ones.Thomas Haarr
I would love if you make this recipe and tell me, and everyone who visit
how much you love it!