Norwegian Christmas Rib
- Start by seasoning on both sides of the pork rib with salt and pepper.
- Place a large onion, or roll up some tin foil and place under the middle of the rib.
- Cover baking pan with tin foil.
- Bake at 375oF for 50 minutes
- Remove tin foil, so you can start cutting the rind into squares.
- When it’s being served, you want the rind to be tasty and crispy cracklings.
- Place back into the oven, turn the oven fan mode on, and turn up the heat to 390o It should be in for 60 more minutes.
- After 1 hour you should turn up the heat to 435oF for another 25 minutes. (To get that rind crispy.
- The last three minutes turn on the grill on the oven. Make sure to watch it, so it doesn’t get burned.
- Serve with tasty potatoes, mashed rutabaga, and sauce made with some fat left from the pan.
- Most Norwegians would serve this dish with special meatballs and smoked Christmas Sausage.
Summary Crispy pork that smells amazing. Combined with medister, sausages, and potatoes. It's a feast many Norwegians would eat daily 2 weeks from Cristmast day and up to their final traditional Christmas eve dinner. It must be that delicious right?