ChefNorway’s Norwegian Toast
Slide to next frame for video
This recipe is very similar to French toast, but in Norway we call them “arme riddere”. This translates to “brave knights” But it’s also served more as an evening snack than breakfast.
After I married an American girl I’ve understood that this kind of toast is far better as breakfast. Once a month I get the right kind of bread and make this delicious breakfast. I cover them in powdered sugar and a berry coulis that I usually have stored in my fridge.
You could find recipes on several different berry coulis by using the search option, and store your favorite in your fridge.
Another key point to this recipe is to add a thin layer of maple syrup all over the toast. It’s all about the right amount of every topping and you will get one step closer to heaven.
|3 eggs||3 eggs|
|150 g sugar||2/3 cup sugar|
|5dl. milk||2.5 cups milk|
|1 tsp. vanilla||1 tsp. vanilla|
|1 tsp. cinnamon||1 tsp. cinnamon|
I recommend to use white bread for this recipe
- Start with cracking the eggs
- Add sugar, milk and vanilla
- Mix it all up
- Cut 2-3 pieces of bread, 1 inch thick per serving.
- Dip them once in the batter.
- Add the cinnamon to the mixture.
- Dip the bread once more in the mixture and straight into a medium hot pan.
- Fry them for a few minutes.
- Toast with maple syrup, powdered sugar, and blueberry coulis
- Toast with whipped cream, strawberries. Topped with raspberry and blueberry coulis.
If you use whipped cream for this recipe I would suggest you let the toast cool down for 5-10 min before decorating with whipped cream. Otherwise it would melt and not be looking that awesome for very long.
Carefully decorate to get those nice colors!
I love French Toast recipe. Everytime I visit America I try new variations.
If you are every in Salem, Oregon. You miss out if you don’t make time for a meal at “Word of Mouth”. Best french toast in USA!
I would love if you make this recipe and tell me, and everyone who visit
how much you love it!