- 600g white flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 dl. Whole milk
- 50g yeast
- 100g butter
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. olive oil
For the US measurements click the button down below.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, oregano, parsley and olive oil to a mixer bowl.
- Melt butter in a casserole pot, and add milk.
- Add yeast and the buttermilk to the mixer
- Start mixing 2 minutes at low speed. Adjust to maximum speed for another 8 minutes.
- Roll up the dough and let it rest in the bowl for 15 minutes with a cover over the bowl.
- Split the dough in two and roll one part into a standard bread shape.
- Split one of the half’s into three parts.
- Roll these three into tails.
- Now it’s time to braid the three parts and turn it into one beautiful piece of bread.
- Roll the second part into bread, and soak them both in water.
- Make light cuts for decoration, and set to rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the oven, see time and temperature on top of the recipe sheet.
- You could also decorate with oregano on top of the bread.
Summary Oregano bread was delicious fresh with Lasagna or Italian Pasta. Gives your home an Italian smell that bring the family to the kitchen.