Oregano Cheese Sandwich
I make this recipe weekly. In Norway we usually have a late evening meal and it’s perfect for that. Of course if you want a delicious lunch go ahead as I believe it’s a delicious light meal. I recommend to try to bake my Norwegian loaf and use that with this recipe. If you don’t want to bake, you could use any kind of thick sliced white bread. Pay attention to cooking settings, and time. It’s all crucial to get that perfect crust.
I usually enjoy this with a large glass of chocolate milk, and make sure you make a little extra. Someone in your house or a neighbor might come and steal a few bites, because it looks and smells too tempting to resist.
- Start by adding a racing track of ketchup on thick sliced white bread.
- Add one layer of sliced cheese
- Chop fresh oregano and add on top of your sandwiches.
- Finish by adding paprika over the cheese and oregano.
- Use a frying casserole pan with a lid, and use heat that equals 60-70% of the heat your stove top gives. Mine is set to 6 out of 9.
- When butter has melted add in your sandwiches and put the lid over. Set timer for 6:30-7:00 minutes
- The cheese should be melted and the bottom should have a nutty brown crust when done.
I use Norwegian Loaf in this recipe, how to make this can be found by clicking here
Summary I would eat this as a late night snack. Quick and easy to make. Smells amazing, and sound glorified when you take a bite of the crunchy bread. You'd be amazed too.