Sandefjord Smør is a simple butter sauce used with different fish recipes in Norway. Sandefjord is a coastal city 2 hours from our capital Oslo, and “smør” translates to butter in English. You can use this sauce with salmon, cod and most known Scandinavian fish meals. It’s similar to béarnaise or hollandaise sauce, but not as strong in spices. Just a simple mix of heavy cream and butter, with a touch of lemon and coriander.
- 3 dl. heavy cream
- 200g unsalted butter
- 1 handful of fresh cut coriander
- 1 lemon
- Seasoning (salt&pepper)
For the US measurements click button down below
- Add heavy cream to a sauce pot; temperature should be at mid-high.
- Add three butter cubes and stir them into the cream. They should slowly melt and mix with the cream. Repeat this until all butter cubes are mixed in.
- Add fresh cut coriander, lemon juice, salt, and
- Stir lightly and keep heated until serving with fish.