Trolls are a big part of famous Norwegian fairytales and they are feared by many. There is a movie called the Troll Hunter where they go deep into the Norwegian forest to find the most mean and terrifying trolls in Norway. Like these brave hunters this dessert comes with a bitter aftertaste, which only the brave will enjoy. It’s got the super sweet egg whites and sugar topped with lingonberry. As lingonberry might be hard to get, it is ok to use any kind of forest berry. And one more thing. You have to go out to the forest and pick them yourself, knowing there is trolls out there.
- Separate egg white from egg yolk. You only need the egg white for this recipe
- Pre measure all ingredients before you add them to the mixer
- Add inn all ingredients to a mixer
- Start mixing at maximum speed. It needs to run for 5-8 minutes.
- When it has stopped rising its done mixing.
- Add it to a dessert plate, add a couple of lemon thyme leaves and a few berries to the top.
- Serve right away! Eggs and sugar will start to separate if you leave them in the fridge for a couple of hours!
Summary Troll Cream is no dessert for kids, It's bitter lingonberry flavor gives it an adult touch. It's really quick to make, but you might have to check out IKEA to find the lingonberries. Substitute the lingonberry with Blackberry and you'd get a much more "friendly" dessert, and ingredients wont be hard to find. Great dessert if you want to try something different!