Two The Worlds Best
Over 27,000 views at Youtube makes this the most popular
- 300g butter
- 300g sugar
- 300g white flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 dl. whole milk
- 10 egg whites
- 350g sugar
- 150g chopped almonds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- ChefNorway’s Vanilla Cream
- 5 dl. heavy cream
Black = Sponge part Red = Top layer Blue = Cream
For the US Measurements click the button down below
- Start with making the Vanilla Cream, as this needs a few hours of cooling time.
- When it is cooled down, make whipped cream, with a few tablespoons of sugar.
- Split vanilla and whipped cream into two separate bowls.
- Mix lightly and let it cool down in the fridge until we use it for the cake.
- Now that the filling is in the fridge let’s start on the cake part
- Add butter and sugar (10.5 oz.) to a mixer bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugar white, 5-10 minutes!
- Add egg yolks, milk, white flour and baking soda. Mix for a few minutes.
- Pour batter into two baking pans. (Size 10x14″)
- Spread the batter. (Evenly make sure to get the corners)
- Next, in the mixer Add egg whites and sugar (12.5 oz.)
- Mix on full speed until it’s very fluffy.
- Split this mixture as well and spread on top of the cake batter you worked with earlier.
- Crush walnuts and almonds and add to the top of the cake.
- Put it in the oven and cook for 30 minutes
- When it’s finished, let it cool down for 2-3 hours. In your fridge or freezer.
- Fold down the edges of the baking paper.
- Add a new baking paper on top of the cake, and flip it over.
- Pull off the paper stuck to cake bottom.
- Add a new baking paper and flip it again.
- You should see a difference between the two layers in the cake. Slice the top half of the cake.
- Take the top off and set it to the side.
- Add one of your bowls of vanilla and whipped cream, and spread it all over.
- Add the top back on.
Homemade Vanilla Cream
Most people just go to the store and buy premade. Using the premade one is very quick to add to any recipe. If you want the better taste, and already using the powdered, you might as well make it from scratch. It takes very few basic ingredients, and it’s easy. This recipe following The World’s Best will be twice the size as normal.
European Measurements (Homemade Vanilla Cream)
- 10 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp. maizena (corn flour)
- 200g sugar
- 6 dl. milk
- 4 dl. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
For the US measurements click the button down below
- Mix egg yolks, maizena, and sugar in separate bowl that can handle boiling milk (high heat)
- To a pot add milk, heavy cream and vanilla
- Slowly bring to a boil, while stirring the whole time. You do not want the mix to get burned in any way
- Add half a cup of hot milk to the egg mixture, and whisk it quickly.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pot.
- Slowly heat up the mixture while whisking.
- Stop when it gets a good thick consistent
- Pour into a long pan, which can fit into your fridge.
- Plastic wrap it.
- Leave it in the fridge to cool down. 1-2 hours should do it.
Summary The name tells it all. The worlds best, and it's super popular with everyone I know. Takes a little bit of time to make, but a good effort gives a great result.