Norwegians loves their bread in the morning and as their last meal of the day. Actually, we eat it almost every day for lunch as well. I can promise you that we love bread. This bread is one of my own recipes. It has lots of whole-wheat flour, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, oats and carrots. It is a healthier type of bread that will contain your hunger or a few extra hours.
|8 dl. whole-wheat flour|
|6 dl. white flour|
|5 dl. milk or water|
|50-100g yeast (fresh or dried)|
|1 dl. flaxseeds|
|1 dl. oats|
|2 dl. pumpkinseeds|
|2 tsp. salt|
|4 cups whole-wheat flour|
|3 cups white flour|
|2.5 cups milk or water|
|1-2 packs yeast (fresh or dried)|
|½ cup flax seeds|
|½ cup oats|
|1 cup pumpkinseeds|
|2 tsp. salt|
- Pre measure all the ingredients.
- Heat up milk to body temperature 37–42oC if you use dried yeast
- Blend in the yeast with the milk
- Add all “dry” ingredients including carrots in the mixer or a mixing bowl.
- Add milk and yeast mixture.
- Start the mixer on very low speed for about 2 minutes
- Turn the mixer to high speed and let it run for about 12 minutes.
- Take the dough out onto the kitchen counter and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Spilt the dough in two equal parts. Should be weighted to about 800g each.
- Roll them to a size that fits the bread form, or you can place them on an open sheet.
- Set oven to suggested temperature
- Let the bread rise in the bread forms to desired bread size. (30-45 minutes should be enough)
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
Summary This bread is one of my own recipes. It has lots of whole-wheat flour, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, oats and carrots. It is a healthier type of bread that will contain your hunger or a few extra hours.