Norwegians love their bread in the morning and as their last meal of the day. We eat it almost every day for lunch as well. I can promise you that we love bread. This bread is one of my recipes. It has lots of whole-wheat flour, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, oats, and carrots. It is a healthier type of bread that will contain your hunger or a few extra hours.
- 8 dl. whole-wheat flour
- 6 dl. white flour
- 5 dl. milk or water
- 50-100g yeast
- 1 dl. flaxseeds
- 1 dl. oats
- 2 dl. pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp. salt
For the US measurements use link down below
- Pre-measure all the ingredients.
- Heat up milk to body temperature 37–42oC if you use dried yeast
- Blend in the yeast with the milk
- Add all “dry” ingredients including carrots in the mixer or a mixing bowl.
- Add milk and yeast mixture.
- Start the mixer on very low speed for about 2 minutes
- Turn the mixer to high speed and let it run for about 12 minutes.
- Take the dough out to the kitchen counter and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Split the dough into two equal parts. Should be weighted to about 800g each.
- Roll them to a size that fits the bread form, or you can place them on an open sheet.
- Set oven to suggested temperature
- Let the bread rise in the bread forms to desired bread size. (30-45 minutes should be enough)
- Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
Summary This bread is one of my own recipes. It has lots of whole-wheat flour, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, oats and carrots. It is a healthier type of bread that will contain your hunger or a few extra hours.