ChefNorway’s Homemade Vanilla Cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. maizena (corn flour)
- 100g sugar
- 3 dl. milk
- 2 dl. heavy cream
- ½ tsp. vanilla
For the US measurements click the button down below
- Mix egg yolks, maizena, and sugar in separate bowl that can handle boiling milk (high heat)
- To a pot add milk, heavy cream and vanilla
- Slowly bring to a boil, while stirring the whole time. You do not want the mix to get burned in any way
- Add half a cup of hot milk to the egg mixture, and whisk it quickly.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pot.
- Slowly heat up the mixture while whisking.
- Stop when it gets a good thick consistent
- Pour into a long pan, which can fit into your fridge.
- Plastic wrap it.
- Leave it in the fridge to cool down. 1-2 hours should do it.
Summary If you want the best taste, making it with real vanilla and some care and time is the best way. Vanilla cream usually goes with rolls and cakes so make sure you look up other recipes to go with it.