Honey Glazed Ham
- 1- kg gammon ham
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp. Whole pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 200g brown sugar
- 250 honey
- Zest of 2 oranges
For the US measurements click the button down below
- Place the gammon with or without the straps into a large casserole pot. (The container needs to be large enough to cover the gammon with water)
- Cover gammon in water, and add roughly chopped leek, carrots, and onion
- Add cinnamon stick, and crushed whole pepper. (If you are making this for Christmas add a few bay leaves as well.)
- Bring to a boil, and let it slowly boil for two hours. Pay attention and refill with water, so gammon stays covered in water.
- After two hours take the gammon out of the pot, and start removing straps.
- Very lightly crisscross it with a sharp knife.
- Stick a bunch of cloves into the fat of the ham.
- Then get a small pot and add brown sugar, honey. (And zest of two oranges if it’s Easter ham)
- Bring to a boil, then turn off heat.
- Place the ham in a baking pan and slowly cover the ham with the sweet mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, cover the ham with the sweet mixture and bake again. Repeat in 5-minute intervals for 35 minutes.
Summary A classic delicious breakfast, lunch ham in the holiday of Christmas or Easter. Simple to make. Some can't get enough of this in my family, so I guess it's that good. I'm not that big fan to be honest.