Mozzarella Steak with sauce and spicy potatoes.
with pepper sauce and spicy potatoes
I’ve added my special steak sauce with brandy and fresh cut basil. Creamed and peppered to combine with the steak, cheese and of course. My very special ChefNorway’s Spicy potatoes. This version of my spicy potato recipe doesn’t include all the spices as normal because the recipe itself contains many supplementing tastes. The flavors should be well balanced and then I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
** 1 tbsp. paprika, ½ tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. oregano. ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (per serving)
|5.5-7 oz. tenderloin steak*|
|14 oz. sliced potatoes*|
|1 purple carrot|
|½ yellow onion|
|Extra virgin olive oil|
|7 oz. butter|
|1 shot Brandy|
|1 ¾ cup cooking cream|
|2-3 cherry tomatoes|
|A handful fresh basil|
|¼ of a sweet pepper (paprika)|
|1 slice of fresh mozzarella*|
- Start by slicing potatoes
- Peel about 10 strips from a purple carrot, and shred the rest of the carrot.
- Finely chop half an onion and garlic.
- Add olive oil to a pan and add in the potatoes. I like to add a little extra oil on top of the potatoes.
- Add salt and spice mix, and fry on maximum heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add to a glass casserole and cook in oven for about 35 minutes
- Spice a room tempered tenderloin steak with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil and butter to a deep frying pan. (Use a steelpan because we’ll make a sauce in it later)
- When butter turns nutty brown add in the steaks and fry for 30 seconds on each side.
- Burn the sides quickly to sear the steak.
- Pour out the fat left in pan, but DO NOT wash or rinse the pan. We need that flavor in the sauce.
- Add fresh lime juice on the steaks, and top with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Decorate with one of the carrot strips you made earlier. Top with some shredded carrots as well.
- Add the steaks in with the potatoes for 5-10 minutes. (take out when the cheese has melted)
- (While steaks are in the oven) Add butter, olive oil and chopped onion and garlic to the hot frying pan.
- Add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. black pepper.
- Add 1 shot of brandy and let it cook for 30 seconds.
- Add 1-2 dl. (About 1 cup) of the cooking cream, and cook until it thickens.
- Add in a few chopped cherry tomatoes and 1dl. (1/2 cup) an additional cooking cream.
- Add fresh chopped basil and sweet pepper (paprika).
- Finish by adding the rest of the cooking cream.
- Now add in the steaks and let them simmer with the sauce for a minute.
- Then you can now start plating up. Copy my style, or be creative and make it your style!
Summary A perfect piece of steak covered in mozzarella cheese, and homemade pepper sauce is my kind of treat. If the pepper sauce isn't spicy enough, the addition with sweet raspberry onions and spicy potatoes gives this dish a perfect combination. Ice cream for dessert is suggested to cool down the spicy flavors.