There’s no steak dinner without a strong pepper sauce. You need meat to make a good pepper sauce. The tastes you get from the fried meat in the pan will bring an extra flavor to top this recipe. This sauce goes perfectly along with steak or any dark meat.
So to get the great taste you need to fry your steaks before starting the sauce, pour out the fat and not clean the frying pan. Then start on the recipe under. If you have already have worked with the meat, or just want to make this first it will still taste great without the flavors of the meat. So go on and make this pepper sauce.
- 100g butter
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ white onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. pepper mix (or crushed peppercorn)
- 2-3 dl. water with two beef bouillons Or 5 dl. Beef stock.
- 1 ½ – 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- One tomato or 4 cherry tomatoes
For the US measurements click the button down below
- Add butter and olive oil to a pan.
- Add finely chopped onions and garlic over medium heat
- When it has been frying for 3-4 minutes add pepper mix
- Add the beef stock and cook until it’s reduced to half
- Add salt and chopped tomatoes.
- Add heavy cream and reduce it down to half again.
- Add the steaks.
- Turn off the heat and let the steaks sit in the sauce for a couple of minutes.
- You can strain the sauce before serving if you don’t like the chunks of onions in it.